Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Half-Backed Pearls



Aren't half-back self adhesive pearls divine? I love the touch of elegance that they offer for card-making, and their ease of use. At the crop I went to this past weekend (imagine my sadness when I forgot ALL my pictures) I had the opportunity to work on some cards using other people's stamps. I found the sentiment stamp and based my card around it. The sketch layout is from the latest challenge at Just Us Girls. (Oh, how I wish I could choose two sets from WPlus9!) I also knew that at some point in time I needed to try another of those pom-pom flowers, so I created this one out of vellum and various Sizzix dies. Each petal has been distressed and sponged, then curled around the center of a divine half-backed pearl. The scalloped ribbon is so gorgeous and lush in real life as well, a soft velvety brown. The monotone color palette emphasizes each of the embellishment on the card, and I really like that. The card itself is a mini card- pretty small, in order to feature the sentiment and flowers.

Supplies Used: SU Kraft Cardstock, Cloud 9 DSP, Vellum (no source), SU So Saffron Ink, SU Wellness Wishes Stamp Set, Scallop Cirle Sizzix Die, Cuttlebug Scallop Circle Dies, SU Flower Trio Punch, Velvet Ribbon (no source), Pearls, Corner Chomper

15 comments:

  1. This is divine! I love all of the layers to your gorgeous flower and I am with you...everything looks more elegant with half pearls! *love* Thank you for playing in the Just Us Girls sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen I am TOTALLY in love with this. Totally. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So elegant, and I love your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous love the flower love your work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful card! Love the color scheme, your layered flowers, and the touches of elegance added by the ribbon and pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning in all of it's elegant simplicity!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your flower and subtle, yet striking color palette!

    Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So elegant. The flowers and pearls are just beautiful. Love the grouping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!! Love everything about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh another lovely card!

    ryn: I typically pick which pictures to put in the mosaic by color. I try to gather photos from my favs I already have that have some sort of color scheme to them and not an obvious one. It helps me match things and look at the pictures more closely. lol At least thats what I try to do. At the end of the year I'm going to get them printed out into one of those books and it'll be my inspiration book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is just stunning! Gorgeous blog too! Love all your lovely creations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! your paper flowers are gorgeous! beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. CONGRATS on being featured in CARDS blog! WAY TO GO, Karen! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful card, Karen - TFS! congrats on being a featured artist!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Karen, absolutely LOVE that flower!!!!! Would it be possible to get a little more details in building it! It is simply breathtaking!! Love your work too! really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete