Monday, March 22, 2010

Orange Rays


Since I started Kim Hughes' "focus on one color" series, I was determined to play all days, no matter what color she revealed next. Orange! Whew, hard one. This card came together pretty quickly, as it was my intention to keep this clean, graphic and simple, perhaps to give to a man (perhaps due to time restraints)? This was my first time embossing these rays onto patterned paper, as suggested by Courtney during her release. (It's a really neat effect!) I also wanted to include some black stitching on this card, as I had done with the others in my color series. Black seems to go with everything...I am thinking this card would work on the feminine side to if I were to change out the colors to a pink flower pattern with yellow accents?

Supplies Used: Georgia Pacific White Cardstock, K&C Co. Hopscotch DSP, SU Sweet Pea DSP and Soft Sky Cardstock, You're Dandy Stamp Set from Practicing Creativity Designs, VersaMark, SU Basic Black Marker, SU Clear Embossing Powder, SU Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Metal Tag (unknown source), Thread

6 comments:

  1. Awesome Karen B!! Love the color combo and the black stitching. Black does go with everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graphic is one of my favorite styles!! Guess who just ordered Courtney's Dandy?? Me! :> I can't wait for it to arrive....I just {heart} those rays and you've shown them off wonderfully here. And I agree, black can always complement, especially on a graphic card! :>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... totally love this! It's really fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great color combo...love your card!

    ReplyDelete