Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Wrinkly Paper


Hah! The wrinkly paper. That makes me laugh. One of my boys saw this card and told me he like it. Curious, I asked him why? His response, "Well, I like all that wrinkly old paper with the holes all over it. And the colors too, Mama." Ahh, a boy after my own heart.
Here's another go for Moxie Fab World Challenge: Diggin' on Doilies & Lace Challenge (mainly because I have this fascination with attempting to make the doilies modern and probably because the doilies came in a pack of 30...) For these, I sponged each of four with their respective ink colors and then spritzed with water. I was excited to see that the final result was a nice bright and blended look. I placed the four cropped doilies in a row and topped it with the black satin bow and fancy rub-on letters-I think the black grounds the colors and the clean and simple design is pretty darn sophisticated.

Supplies Used: SU Whisper White Cardstock, SU Cameo Coral, Old Olive, Night of Navy and Pumpkin Pie Inks, SU Black Satin Ribbon, Making Memories Rub On Alphabet in Beach, Mini Mister

29 comments:

  1. I love your boy's comment...tooo fun:) Love the modern take on the MFW challenge...I gotta do another card too...I bought 2 pkg of doilies..oy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Colors!
    Very pretty card. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card with "holes" (LOL)!! This is truly lovely , Karen! I like the color comobo and it is so eye-catching!!

    March 17, 2010 8:49 AM

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!!! The paper looks just like satin, I have this incredible urge to rub it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really REALLY like this. I love how you pieced the doilies together! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing! Love the color combos - I think you definitely succeeded in bringing these doilies into today's times. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning card! love the color and how you used those doilies! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. they turned out great! Wrinkly with holes and all (too cute)
    :) K

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the mix of colors w/black & white. I think you did a great job of making the doilies look modern. The card doesn't scream *doilies* ... just *pretty*!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a beautiful job with these doilies...love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing card, Karen! You certainly gave those doilies a modern twist!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful job! I love this card! And thanks for the kind words you left on my blog. What an encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally gorgeous! I love how fresh they looked in their rainbow colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Karen! Thanks again for entering the Diggin' on Doilies and Lace challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is breathtaking!!
    Congrats on your Moxie Fab win!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOO HOO girl, congrats on the MF shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card and great inspiration here. I have a ton of those doily packs in a drawer from classroom Valentine's day projects; now I can haul them out and start playing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. YAY!!! Congrats on your Moxie Fab win!! It's exciting to click in and see a card from a blog I've been following. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wowee! CONGRATS on your win for the Moxie Fab! So happy for you! Well-deserved win! Way to go, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This card is really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know I've already commented here- but a MOXIE WIN deserves another woo hoo!!!! :) Congratulations, Karen- you are on FIRE! (and you're so incredibly sweet too- which makes it all the better!) Hooray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on your Moxie Fab win. This is such a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is seriously gorgeous! Fantastic idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous! Congrats on the Moxie Fab win!

    ReplyDelete