Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Thread Bare



Eight colors? How does one put eight colors on one card? My take: Make it Clean and Simple. The layout and thread usage came to me while I was sleeping, does that happen to anyone else? I used the eight color concept from the CARDS blog latest challenge and the ever-inspiring Lucy's latest challenge to keep it clean and simple. I started with five punched white squares then wrapped each with red, orange, yellow, green and blue thread, glued them onto a craft base and added a black sentiment. There are these funny little nuances within the thread (cheap-o stuff I had in a kit in college) that stand out nicely against the white, and the craft paper has specks in it as well that shine because of the simplicity of the card. Another bonus of this card for me? Easy and inexpensive to mail.

Supplies Used: Archers Paper Craft Cardstock, SU Whisper White Cardstock, Heidi Grace Thank You Stamp Set, CM Small Square Punch, SU Basic Black Marker, Fiskars Corner Round Punch

15 comments:

  1. well, you rocked that color challenge...love your clean & crisp design! Congrats on the MFW:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love this!! The clean & simple approach definitely works - love the single rounded corner just to break up all the clean lines, too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfection Karen! Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey lovely card,like the simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the card. Nice job. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I promise you are the most creative person ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so awesome Karen, I love what you did with this challenge. I got scared when I read 8 colors, yikes, but wow you pulled it off!! I think of ideas all the time when I'm falling asleep or dozing... Then I forget them later when I'm awake :( Glad your idea stuck with you, this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so clever! Love the modern and hip look! Just LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. simple and just perfect! LOVE your design! LOVE THIS CARD!!!!! sorry for yelling, but i had to! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute... CAS and Kraft... has my vote! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ayyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeee! This is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete