Sunday, March 28, 2010

Wanted: One Outlined Cloud


I had a really fun time making a card with my oldest the other day...but it wasn't without side effects. Mainly, one missing outlined cloud clear acrylic stamp. Oh dear, I fear its been sucked up into the pits of the vacuum and thrown out never to be seen again...I think I've learned my lesson as mentioned by a fellow blogger, let young children only stamp with wood mounted rubber.

This card was created for a colleague who is fortunate to retire with her husband at a very early age. She's a hard worker and is very quiet, so I wanted my card to reflect her nature. I used the colors from Color Throwdown and the sketch from Card Patterns. I tried my hand too on a tip from the latest Creating Keepsakes Magazine, (the green tiles) but I think it would be best suited for a larger format. The sentiment and balloon are purposefully popped up in the center for dimension, I was hoping for a fleeting, blowing look. All the edges are distressed including the balloon and the paper pieced stripe. I would think that hot air balloon rides can be relaxing, only if you aren't afraid of heights.

Supplies Used: Cream Cardstock from The Paper Company, DSP from CTMH, CM and SU, Look Up Stamp Set from Practicing Creativity Designs, Congrats Stamp Set from SU, Colorbox Chalk Ink in Chestnut Roan and Creamy Brown, Green Grosgrain Ribbon from Offray, SU Pewter Brads, SU Linen Thread, Fiskars Scallop Border Punch


14 comments:

  1. Too cute - love this! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful interpretation of the sketch. Lovely colors and distressing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful and whimsical. I like all the inking on the edges along with the soft colours and 'Tile' work. Wonderful job with the sketch and I like the sponging on the balloon. Love it!! Too bad about your stamp and it was a useful one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! You used the colors to great effect. Sorry to hear about the missing stamp. Hope it turns up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Karen! Sorry about your cloud!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your co-worker is going to LOVE this!!! Great job and boo hoo on the missing cloud...drats...maybe it'll show up...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so great- I like the tiles! :) The dimension your inking gave to the balloon is wonderful, quite realistic! With so many people hoping your cloud shows back up it's bound to!! :) (my daughter loves to stamp too- and I usually temporarily lose clear ones too!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! love your take on the sketch! also like all the distressed edges. awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great card Karen--I love the green tiles here and all your distressing looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I promise I've looked through my vacume bag to find stamps before! And I think I know the stamp you speak of... I'll look to see if I have any extras to send you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the balloon and the green tiles! Thanks for playing along in the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! Love the hot air balloon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karen, I love this! A simple card but so well executed! I love the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't mind me, I'm looking through old cards... love the tiles on this one.

    ReplyDelete