Monday, March 15, 2010

Luck of the...




Are you of Irish decent? I don't think I really am, but I sure do don my green on the 17th. Our mom used to paint a tiny shamrock with food coloring on our hands and its a fun tradition that I have passed on to my kiddies. This Etsy Inspired Challenge was too good to pass up. I was inspired by the shape, the textures and the colors of the necklaces featured on the 3dots store, they have some beautiful products. This card was tons of fun to make, and came together fairly quickly. Well, except for this part: me thinking I lost my hole punch, going to the garage and hunting for something that would punch holes in the middle of a square, my husband finding a nasty greasy grommet tool that actually worked to punch holes, and then me finding the hole punch and redoing the four holes. (Shh, haven't told him that this wasn't his work!) I am so happy the way the dots in the center of each wood panel turned out, I love the added texture on the dots from coloring the backs with gold and turquoise markers.

Supplies Used: Cream and Brown Cardstock from the Paper Company, SU Woodgrain Backround and So Many Sayings Stamps, SU Chocolate Ink, SU So Saffron and Tempting Turquoise Markers, Green Rain Dots from Cloud 9, CM Square Punch, SU Corner Rounder and Hole Punches

9 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW, this card is just stunning. I love it! I've totally been there not being able to find a crafting tool, coming up with an alternate idea, and then finding what I was looking for! I need to be more organized!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Karen! Love it... so CAS and gorgeous at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, Karen! I love how you use the inspiration and turn it into such a beautiful card! I was just thinking about this challenge...your card is so inspiring and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Love the woodgrain panels!
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen-Love the card and love you! And your are Irish. Grandpa McDonald is Irish. Grandma used to paint the top of his head green with food color and when he would tip his hat everyone would see. And no I didn't kiss the blarney stone either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love this! You did a fabulous job incorporating your inspiration piece into your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally LOVE this card! OMGosh, it's fabulous! It's amazing! It's so totally going to be CASE'd by me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your story about your husband and the greasy grommet tool was SO FUNNY! LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete