Thursday, March 25, 2010

Cherish


My boys are so fortunate to be able to know and cherish their two grandpas, two grandmas, two great-grandpas and three great-grandmas! {We should visit the ones that live close by more often} I thought it was a nifty idea to make a card for my boys to give to one of these five very special ladies. Trying for a homespun feel, I grabbed some paper that reminded me of my time with my grandmas, added some old style elements and distressing and hand-wrote and stamped the sentiment, since I don't own any such grandparent stamps. This is my first time featuring my own hand-writing on a card..not sure if I am completely sold on the idea, I'll have to keep trying. The sketch for this card is from 2S4Y-with the panels flush to the edges and the card also fits the latest Poppy Seed Challenge: Use a light moss color, polka dots and buttons.

Supplies Used: SU Very Vanilla Cardstock, Bo Bunny Cherrie Pie DSP Collection, SU Baroque Motifs Stamp Set, Ranger Distress Ink in Walnut Stain, SU Always Artichoke Marker, Fiskars Scallop Border Punch, SU Corner Round Punch, CM Circle Punch, Fiskars Cloud 9 Button, SU Linen Thread, Thread




(Thanks for sticking we me, I know I've been hopping around with different style cards. I am enjoying trying to find out what I like best. Although sometimes I tend to believe its ok to have more than one style, and to just create in a way that strikes me at that moment!)

13 comments:

  1. Oh Karen...your boys are SUPER lucky to have sooo many grand and great grandparents in their lives!!! This card is sooo sweet...love the cherries and your handwriting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, and definitely has a homespun feel! It is great for our little people to know their grandparents & hopefully great-grandparents! And for the record- your handwriting looks beautiful, and I bet your grandparents recognize it, making it even more special!
    I'm with you on the style-jumping- but isn't this hobby about following our creativity- wherever it leads?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very beautiful and thoughtful card! you have a very pretty hand writing! I enjoy seeing your cards in different styles and think it's totally fine to have more than one style. I had a panic attach a couple of months ago thinking that i don't really have a style... I love distressed look, but hoping that I am one of those clean and simple gals. I still am not sure what's my style really. =) now i just make whatever makes me happy!

    BTW, congrats on your win at Moxie Fab World with your pretty doily card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEy Karen,indeed, what a blessing for your boys to have this many grandparents and great grandparents! So good to make cards for them...and I love your handwriting-perfect for the card. Maybe you should have you own "Karen font"!!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card n lovely handwriting too.
    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooohhhh I love this :)
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um you're not sold??? Because I totally am. Love your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the mix of your dp and I am so jealous of your writing skills!!! This is great for a loving grandma.
    I agree with you on the part about style. Sticking to one style could limit you and your inspiration. I also love seeing all the different stuff you create! I like not knowing what to expect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Love the colors, love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! Great papers! Thanks for playing along this week at 2S4Y! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and your handwriting is awesome! I thought it was stamped!! You should do that more often! :)

    ReplyDelete