Friday, March 26, 2010

Some Are Hot


This is the story of this magical fantastically meaningful and bright card. Cole: Ooh Mama, I like this one. Me: You like that stamp set? Cole: Yeah, these balloons are hot. Can we make a card? Me: Umm, sure, but we really should be cleaning. Cole: Oh, but we have time. I picked out the sketch (Card Patterns 56), Cole picked out the paper, I cut the paper, Cole glued the paper, I guided the paper on the machine while Cole worked the pedal and stitched. He was very particular in his placement of each element and thought it unbelievably cool to stamp with clear stamps (but didn't care for the smell of Stazon or the Stazon Cleaner). He is so unbelievably proud of this card. And so is Mama.

Supplies Used: SU Whisper White Cardstock, DSP Wonder Years by daisyd's, Look Up and You're Dandy by Practicing Creativity Designs, Stazon Ink in Jet Black, SU Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Thread

P.S.: I'm really hoping that as a mom of a six year old that "hot" means temperature hot and not "smokin' good looking beautiful" kind of hot...

15 comments:

  1. Great card & such a sweet story! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun that you made this card with your son! and wow! did you say that Cole stitched the card??!! because i love the stitching he did! it's amazing! he is very talented and no wonder you are a proud mom!! =) have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a 'hot' card!! It is beautiful. Love the hot air balloons right now, I should get a set! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's wonderful that he enjoys being crafty with you! I love it when they see what makes us happy, and they want to be a part of it with us!!! You guys made a fantastic card together- you should BOTH be very proud!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is fabulous,and the fact that you got to create it with Cole is all the better. I don't think I'd ever get rid of it. Maybe you should scrapbook it! With such a sweet story with it, I think you should consider that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having a six year old myself...I think hot just means super cool! And that set is super cool! You two did a fabulous job with that sketch and what memories you've created! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute encouragement card. Thanks for joining us this week at Card Patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I just love this and the bright colors !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Karen... this is awesome! Love this... you guys did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heeheehee...I'm still giggling over your P.S.! :> Your six year old boy sounds wonderful!! And he's got a creative eye...must take after his Mama!! Love the vibrancy here and Cole did fantastic stitching and selected some great papers....way to go, Cole!! My kidlets love stamping with my stamps too. I've had them using all of my rubber stamps though as I'm afraid of my clear ones magically disappearing! They are really good at taking care of Mama's supplies, but still makes me nervous. Kudos for you and Cole for creating together!:>

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karen this little scene is so so so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, I LOVE this post...soooooo sweet....whatta great boy you have!! You're such a good momma....and man oh man...I LOVE the card!! Great teamwork!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card!!! It is so bright and cherry :)

    ReplyDelete